Leaderboard menu

UTS Library

Welcome to the University Librarian Blog

New Years Eve 2013

So this is my first posting on this new blog. It is mostly to do with our thinking about the future library, and as I do a fair bit of thinking, talking and writing on that subject I thought I'd start with a bit of a summary on all of that from 2012. It is a good start because most of the presentations, interviews, events and articles below are about our future in one way or another. Here we go then, mind the step ...

Writing

With colleagues from UTS Library (S Schofield, B Tiffen) I co-authored the article “Change and Our Future at UTS Library: It's Not Just about Technology.” Australian Academic & Research Libraries  43 (1) , 32- 45.

I contributed the essay “Design as a Catalyst for UTS Library” for J. Schweitzer & J. Jakovich (eds.) Crowd-Share Innovation: Intensive Creative Collaborations, Freerange Press (2012) , Ch. 2: 114- 119.

I provided a chapter or essay (about the future library) for forthcoming book on the 25th Anniversary of UTS edited by Paul Ashton & Debra Adelaide. (Publication title not known yet, but I'll update this when I find out.)

Other stuff

Various conference, interviews, blog posts and seminar presentations including:

So that's about it to wrap up 2012. I hope to be able to continue to post to this new blog, along with some guest posters in 2013. Oh, and the photo above is mine, from the NYE fireworks on 1 January this year.