Browse Questions

Mendeley and UTS Harvard style

I used to be an Endnote user but have recently switched over to Mendeley. It's great, but I was hoping that there was a way to download "UTS Harvard" style and upload it into Mendeley's style database (like I can do for Endnote). Is this an option?

Thanks

11 answers
77794 views

Answers

You know what - we just made

D Litting's picture
D Litting, 2 years ago

You know what - we just made one! We haven't put it up on our website just yet but it's accessible here -

Then you can incorporate the style into your Mendeley following these steps

Go to Mendeley desktop, from View->Citation Style->More Styles, then
choose “Get More Styles”, copy and paste the above url to download Harvard
UTS style.

Thanks!

David

OMG OMG OMG (runs in circles

Anna's picture
Anna, 2 years ago

OMG OMG OMG (runs in circles extatically)

David, thank you! For some reason I just received this notification. It's so good to be heard :)
Sorry for not participating in this project, I have terribly overestimated the amount of time a full-time student has. Hope you're not angry, and congratulations with finishing this!

This plugin has been so so

Axel's picture
Axel, 1 year ago

This plugin has been so so useful throughout my degree so far. Thank you so much to Meijun Huang for making this.

I'd like to see Mendeley be the software which UTS officially supports considering it is leagues superior to the hopelessly buggy Endnote.

UTS Library should run courses in setting this up for everyone to benefit from.

Hi Axel,

D Litting's picture
D Litting, 1 year ago

Hi Axel,

We don't really have an official referencing software here at UTS, though we tend to run a lot of EndNote courses based on supply and demand. We do offer Mendeley classes from time to time but because of the attendence we don't offer it as often.

Thanks for your feedback,

David

Ian's picture
Ian, 1 year ago

Me too, let me know if you find a solution.

No worries Lauren, this style

D Litting's picture
D Litting, 1 year ago

No worries Lauren, this style was created by our very own Meijun Huang, so the plaudits go to her. I'll pass along your thanks :)

The Mendeley sever for CSL

Meijun's picture
Meijun, 1 year ago

The Mendeley sever for CSL editor is still not working. Now we have added an alternative URL of CSL Harvard UTS file to our Mendeley webpage at

https://www.lib.uts.edu.au/help/referencing/mendeley#using-harvard-uts​ .

Please copy and paste https://www.lib.uts.edu.au/sites/default/files/attachments/page/harvard-university-of-technology-Sydney-2.csl to download Harvard UTS style.

And let me know if you have any questions.

Regards

Meijun

Ian's picture
Ian, 1 year ago

These links no longer seem to work. Any suggestions for alternatives? Thanks

Answer question