NOTE: This is a workshop open only to higher degree research students and is organised through the Graduate Research School (GRS). Places strictly limited to 14 attendees for this session.
About the workshop:
This is a 2 day workshop where you will be introduced to the research tools available in NVivo 11 to get your qualitative or mixed methods project underway and/or your literature analysis. During the 2 days we will cover essential NVivo tools to get you working with your documents and beginning the analysis process, including:
For Day 1:
- managing varied types of data sources and ideas and information derived from those sources;
- searching and coding data to locate and store passages of interest or explore expressions of interest;
- recording developing ideas and understanding of the data in memos and models.
For Day 2:
- linking qualitative with demographic or quantitative data, and using queries to compare responses of groups based on that linked data;
- querying the data, and coding based on the data, to explore patterns or test emerging ideas;
- exploring the range of visual displays available, to help with seeing the structure of and patterns in data, and with reporting from data.
Presenter: Pat Bazeley
To be considered for this course, please contact Suzie.Honan@uts.edu.au