UTS Library provides classroom support materials for Teacher Education students. Curriculum Resources (also known as CURRICULUM PINK) is a special collection held on Level 3 of Kuring-gai Campus Library.
What resources are there?
- K-12 syllabuses and support documents - these are also available from the Board of Studies
- Lesson plan and activity books
- Junior non fiction (in Dewey Decimal order)
- Junior fiction (JF)
- Young Adult Fiction (YA)
- Subject Guide to Picture books (P) (PDF - 753 KB)
- Subject Guide to Picture Books (located in the Curriculum Room)
- Multimedia kits, videos, pictures, posters, picture kits, large books, CD Roms
- Anatomical models
How do I find what I'm looking for?
- Use the classic Library Catalogue to search by author, title, author/title, keyword/s and subject (Library of Congress subject headings). Or use the new Library Catalogue to search by title or topic. If an item is part of the Curriculum Collection the message in the location box will say KURING CURRICULUM PINK.
- Browse the picture drawers and kit shelves in the Curriculum Collection.
- If the catalogue tells you an item is in the library but you can't find it in its correct location look on the red sorting shelves.
- Ask for help at the Enquiries Desk or Research Help Desk on Level 4.
How do I find curriculum-related journals?
Journals are not held in Curriculum Resources. They are on the shelves in the general collection. Choose the 'Journal Title' option in the online catalogue to find out if UTS Library holds a particular journal, magazine or newspaper. There are several journals which contain curriculum information. Some titles are:
- ADEM: Australian drama education magazine 792.05 ADEM
- Australian primary mathematics classroom 510.5 AUST
- The Australian science teachers' journal 505 AUS 1
- The British journal of teaching physical education 613.705 BRI 1
- Classroom: the magazine for teachers 371.005 CLAS
- PAMphlet PK 0004+ KURING CLOSED RESERVE
- Primary PE focus 372.8605 PRIM
- School arts 707.05 SCH 1
- The Science teacher 507.05 SCI 2
- Square one: primary journal of the Mathematical Assoc. of NSW 510.5 SQUA
- Teaching children mathematics 513.05 ARI 1
- Topics - each issue is catalogued as a monograph with an individual call no. To see individual titles search on 'Topics' under Title in the classic Library Catalogue.