Find Databases tool
Use Find Databases on the library homepage to view a more extensive database list with descriptions to help you decide which is the most relevant for your current assignment.
Scholarly and professional articles
The Yale University website explains of the difference between academic and popular sources. The decision to use popular or academic sources will depend on your target audience and your topic. A specialised academic topic will require scholarly resources, sometimes called peer reviewed resources.
- Academic Search Complete is a large scholarly, multidisciplinary full-text database.
- Scopus is a comprehensive abstract and citation database of peer-reviewed literature and quality web sources with smart tools to track, analyze and visualize research.
- ACM digital library can be searched for full text journal articles and conference papers published by the Association for Computing Machinery.** A PowerPoint description of the ACM database and how to search is provided by ACM search tutorial.
- Proquest Science & Technology combines access to full text articles with detailed indexing of global literature on natural sciences, engineering and technology.
- Engineering Collection covers all engineering fields with a focus on Australia. Material is sourced from the Engineers Australia collection.
Newspapers and magazines
These databases provide coverage of local and overseas newspapers.