Government websites and some nonprofit organisation websites can be helpful by providing relevant facts and information on your topic, e.g. industry news and legislations.
AppFT (USPTO applications)
AusPat (Australian PO)
DEPATISnet (German PO)
FreshPatents.com (US applications)
IPDL PAJ (Patent Abstracts of Japan)
- Australian Standards Online provides the complete collection of current Australian standards.
- ASTM Standards Source Online provides 12,000 plus standards covering metals, petroleum, construction, the environment and more.
- British Standards Online. UTS Library has full text access to the BSI online: Construction-general standards module only.
- IEEE standards. Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. Standards available from IEEE Xplore database. ** IEEE Xplore provides a series of recommended training modules.
Statistical information is used as evidence to support your findings or viewpoint. It can be in the form of tables, figures, charts or spreadsheets taken from a reliable source.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. This is a government organisation providing free access to a wide range of Australian statistical data on various themes from IT, environmental issues to financial statistics. It also provides links to International statistics from Other Statistical Agencies.
- IBISWorld — Australian industry research reports with key statistics.
- OECD iLibrary. This statistical database gives access to a broad range of interactive and comparative data for OECD and some non OECD countries.
- World Bank Country Profiles and The World Bank open knowledge repository OKR