These websites are a good start in exploring Indigenous topics:
- Universal Declaration of Human Rights
"Whereas recognition of the inherent dignity and of the equal and inalienable rights of all members of the human family..." The original statement of rights subscribed to by many nations.
- Universal Declaration on the Human Genome and Human Rights
- United Nations' Declaration on the Rights of Indigenous Peoples
- Convention concerning Indigenous and Tribal Peoples in Independent Countries
The Convention of the International Labour Organization
- iPortal indigenous studies research tool
The vision of the Indigenous Studies Portal is to provide one place to look to find resources for Indigenous studies.
- Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements Project
The Agreements, Treaties and Negotiated Settlements (ATNS) project is an ARC Linkage project examining treaty and agreement-making with Indigenous Australians and the nature of the cultural, social and legal rights encompassed by past, present and potential agreements and treaties. The project also examines the process of implementation and the wider factors that promote long term sustainability of agreement outcomes. A database is available to search.
- AIATSIS Australian institute of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Studies
Anthropological research, resources and documentation on the Aborigines of Australia
- Australian Public Service Commission has a dedicated section dealing with indigenous employment issues.
- Reconciliation Australia
- A History of Aboriginal Sydney
An Index of Australian Indigenous affairs. Index to Aboriginal Newspapers hosted at the State Library of New South Wales.
- Tandanya National Aboriginal Cultural Institute
"the place of the red kangaroo" is an institution with constantly changing exhibitions of traditional and contemporary aboriginal art, culture, music.
- EORA College Library
Part of TAFE NSW, within walking distance of UTS.
- Jumbunna Indigenous House of Learning (UTS)
- Traditional Knowledge Revival Pathways
- "Building pathways for community and environmental development through the revival of traditional (indigenous) knowledge from a grass roots methodology."
- School for Indigenous Postgraduate Students The Summer School is hosted by the Academy of the Social Sciences of Australia in conjunction with the Cooperative Research Centre Aboriginal Health, the Australian Indigenous Studies Program and the Centre for Indigenous Education at the University of Melbourne.
- MATSITI - MATSITI is a national 4-year initiative to increase the number and professional capacity of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander teachers in Australian schools.
- Australian Indigenous HealthInfoNet
Comprehensive resources on the health of Indigenous Australians, provided by a team based at Edith Cowan University in Perth, and Australia-wide health consultants.
- Bringing them Home
Report of the National Inquiry into the Separation of Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander Children from Their Families.
- The Native Title Act 1993
Table of provisions - This document is mounted by the Law Faculty at UTS and provides a search facility
- National Native Title Tribunal
The Tribunal is a Commonwealth Government body that facilitates the making of agreements among Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people, governments, industry and others whose rights or interests may co-exist with native title rights and interests.
- AIATSIS Native Title Research Unit
This page describes The Unit's research and its publications. An extensive list of publications are available here.
- Maori New Zealanders
From Te Ara, the Encyclopedia of New Zealand
- Maori Law review
Online publication on Maori laws.
Information on the Native people of the United States of America
Peoples of other countries
- CWIS: Center for World Indigenous Studies
A research and education organization based in the USA.