The Olympic and Events Studies Collection is located on Level 5 of the Kuring-gai Campus Library. The collection cannot be borrowed but can be viewed in the Library by both staff, students and visitors. Many more resources are available for staff and students to borrow in the general collection. For more information contact the Australian Centre for Olympic Studies.
Some of the items in the Collection are:
- Post games reports from 1908, icluding the 1936 Berlin Summer and Winter Games
- Official results books for the Sydney 2000 Olympic and Paralympic Games
- Bid books of both sucessful and unsucessful Summer and Winter games
- Olympic bibliography and Paralympic bibliography is available and updated online at the Australian Centre for Olympic Studies
The Library Flickr site contains some photos of the items in our Collection.
Sydney 2000 Olympic Games research materials can be found in various places:
- Australian Sport Olympic Factsheets
- Green Games Watch2000 inc
- UTS Centre for Olympic Studies
- State Library of NSW Olympic resources
- State Records Authority of NSW
- London 2012 official website
- Routledge Online studies on the Olympics and Paralympics: ROSO contains over 1000 journal articles and book chapters, including handbooks and major reference works, dating back to the 1960s, on themes including: the media, education, gender, politics, governance, management, law, business, ethics, legacies, the environment, disability studies, athletic performance and history.
- Open Educational Resources (OER) on the Olympics and Paralympics: The Project, with the support of the HE Academy and JISC, has commissioned or identified and made accessible a range of Open Educational Resources related to the 2012 Olympic and Paralympic Games.