Databases are large collections of electronic materials. You can use them to search for journal articles, ebooks, statistics, newspaper articles and other resources for your assignments.
Find Databases tool
Use the Find Databases tool > Health > Nursing for a full listing of databases on Nursing.
Full descriptions for each database are available.
Major Nursing Databases
Login using your UTS Webmail details.
- CINAHL (Cumulative Index to Nursing & Allied Health Literature) provides authoritative coverage of the literature related to a wide variety of nursing and allied health topics. Tutorials (produced by UTS Library): Basic CINAHL (Handwashing), Advanced CINAHL (Handwashing), PICO CINAHL
- Medline Covers the areas of allied health, biological and physical sciences, humanities and information science as they relate to medicine and health care, communication disorders, and reproductive biology. Tutorials (produced by UTS Library): Basic Medline (Handwashing), PICO Medline
- Health Source: Nursing Academic Edition
This database provides access to journal articles focusing on many medical disciplines. It also features the Lexi-PAL Drug Guide
- ProQuest Health & Medicine Search across 15 databases indexing journals, books, reports, conference papers, dissertations and theses, government publications, videos, etc in all aspects of health, nursing and medicine including Evidence-Based Resources such as those from the Joanna Briggs Institute. Includes some fulltext.
- SCOPUS (Elesvier) Scopus is a comprehensive scientific, medical, technical and social science database from the largest academic publisher in the worldOnline Tutorial