Databases fall into 2 categories
- searchable indexes to help you find journal articles, conference papers, book chapters, reports, theses and grey literature.
- searchable collections of electronic journals, conferences, books, statistics, standards, and other published material.
Our Find Databases Tool allows you to browse for databases by subject or search for the name of a database. If you're unsure where to get started, we have selected a couple of Databases which are useful for Pharmacy
Full descriptions for each database are available from the More Info icon.
Top Pharmacy & Pharmacology Databases
Login using your UTS Webmail details.
- Australian medicines handbook : AMH
- MIMs Online
- Catalyst provides access to the AusDi Independent Drug Monographs, pharmaceutical company product information, consumer medicine information leaflets, drug product images, a product identifier module and convenient links to drug interaction systems.
- eTG Complete Searchable peer-reviewed clinical guidelines. Topics include analgesia, antibiotics, cardiovascular, respiratory, endocrinology, neurology, gastroenterology, dermatology, palliative care, psychotropics and drug prescribing in pregnancy and breastfeeding.
- Micromedex 2.0 publishes clinical decision support databases and tools and provides evidence-based information related to drugs, toxicology, diseases, acute care, and alternative medicine.
- Natural Standard Provides evidence-based information about complementary and alternative therapies. It contains various databases: Foods, herbs & supplements; Healtyh & wellness; Comparative effectiveness; Medical conditions; Genomics & proteomics; Environment & global health; Brand names.
- Cochrane Library (Wiley) Online Tutorial
- A collection of six databases including Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews.
- Evidence based resources from the Joanna Briggs Institute (ProQuest) - Browse or search Evidence Summaries
- Trip DatabaseThe TRIP Database is a clinical search tool designed to allow health professionals to rapidly identify the highest quality clinical evidence for clinical practice.
- The International Pharmaceutical Abstracts (IPA)
Provides worldwide coverage of pharmaceutical science and health related literature including drug therapy, toxicity, and pharmacy practice as well as legislation, regulation, technology, utilization, biopharmaceutics, information processing from over 800 health journals.
- Medline OVIDOnline Tutorial
Widely recognized as the premier source for bibliographic and abstract coverage of biomedical literature, covers allied health, biological and physical sciences, humanities and information science as they relate to medicine and health care, communication disorders, population biology, and reproductive biology.
- Embase OVID
EMBASE, produced by Elsevier Science, is a major biomedical and pharmaceutical database indexing over 7600 international journals and some conferences back to 1947. All MEDLINE records are included.The most relevant results indexed by biomedical experts using Elsevier’s unique life science thesaurus, Emtree.
- SciFinder Scholar / New User Registration Online Tutorials
Covers areas of chemical engineering, industrial chemistry, materials science, biochemistry, pharmacology and medicine. The database also includes patents, conference papers, pre-prints, reviews and more.
Comprises more than 22 million citations for biomedical literature from MEDLINE, life science journals, and online books. Citations may include links to full-text content from PubMed Central and publisher web sites.
- AMED (ALLIED and COMPLEMENTARY MEDICINE)
Index journal articles in the area of Complementary medicine, Physiotherapy, Occupational therapy.
- PsycINFO (OVID)
Indexes international professional and academic literature in psychology and related disciplines including medicine, psychiatry, nursing, sociology, education, pharmacology, physiology & liguistics.
- SCOPUS (Elesvier) Online Tutorial
Scopus is a comprehensive scientific, medical, technical and social science database containing all EMBASE literature.
- WEB of KNOWLEDGE (ISI) Online Tutorial
An index database provided by Thomson Scientific. It provides access to many databases and other resources: Web of Science, ISI Proceedings, Current Contents Connect, Journal Citation Reports.
Tips: for an index which does not contain the full text, you can check if the library has access to the full text articles through SFX links.