Toilet facilities with wheel chair access are located on Levels 3, 4 and 5, at the rear of the toilet blocks with lift access available from the entry level.
Assistive Technology Rooms
The Assistive Technologies Rooms are located on level 2.
- Assistive Technologies Room 2.a entry is via your UTS ID card.
- Assistive Technologies Room 2.b can be booked through the online Room Bookings system. Library Staff can make bookings, if assistance is required.
- Bookings can be for a maximum of 4 hours.
- Students can make up to 5 bookings a week.
- Bookings can be made 2 weeks in advance.
- Your booking may be cancelled if you arrive more than 30 minutes after your booking commences.
- To use the Assistive Technology Rooms in the Library you need to be registered with the Special Needs Service in the Student Services Unit. If you are registered with Special Needs Service and you are not able to book the rooms please contact the Special Needs Liaison Officers in the Library.
- Assistive Technologies Room 2.b is for individual study only and the use of read aloud software.
- Any UTS Library books left in the rooms will be checked in and returned to the shelves. Personal belongings left in the rooms will be treated as lost property and handed in to security staff.
- Key for Assistive Technologies Room 2.b :
Before you can access this room, you will need to collect the key from the Enquiries and Loans Desk. You are responsible for this key and it must remain in your possession until you return it to the Enquiries and Loans Desk at the end of your session. If you are going to be away from the Room for more than 10 minutes, please hand the key to the Enquiries and Loans Desk in case another student has a booking.
Special arrangements can be made for parking at UTS if you have an RTA permit. Contact the Special Needs Unit on Tel: 02 9514 1177 to organise your UTS parking sticker.
UTS Library website accessibility
UTS Library is committed to making its website accessible to the widest possible audience. The text on the website will default to the preferred font size in your web browser.
To change your preferred font size:
- For Firefox: use Ctrl + '+' for larger text and Ctrl + '-' for smaller text
- For Internet Explorer 7: use View > Text Size > then select the size you want
If you have problems accessing the website or have suggestions on how it may be improved, please fill in the Website Feedback form.