Library Retrieval System (LRS) Tours

Building a Better Library Experience

UTS Library will be hosting daily tours for UTS staff and students to view the new Library Retrieval System (LRS)

The LRS is an automated storage and retrieval facility where our low-use collection items will be sorted by size and stored in metal bins on metal shelf units. These bins and shelf units are housed in storage racks and will be retrieved automatically by means of a robotic crane.

Tours will run from 11 August to 30 September and bookings can be placed via the Library Events Calendar.
Bookings are essential and there is a limit of 10 per group.

Come along and see the impressive robotic cranes in action!

LRS Tours with vacancies: As of 8.20am Thursday, 25 September 2014

Comments

Its a shame there doesn't

Adam's picture
Adam, 3 years ago

Its a shame there doesn't appear to be some weekend or after-hours tours for post grad students who work during the day. I personally would love to see the new LRS.

Agreed Adam, UTS, is there

Alexandra's picture
Alexandra, 3 years ago

Agreed Adam, UTS, is there any chance of a 5pm--> tour for part-time postgraduate students working full time?

I have found the uni very accommodating generally of part-time students, I would be very interested in seeing the new system in action.

I will pass on your request

UTS Library's picture
UTS Library, 3 years ago

I will pass on your request and hopefully they can schedule something. Thanks for the feedback.

Some more tours have been

UTS Library's picture
UTS Library, 3 years ago

Some more tours have been added at 5pm, 5.30pm and 6pm. See the news item above.

Any tours scheduled for

Stefan's picture
Stefan, 1 month ago

Any tours scheduled for October/November? I would love to have a look!

Hi Stefan, no tours scheduled

Marisa's picture
Marisa, 1 month ago

Hi Stefan, no tours scheduled until Orientation 2018 which runs between 19th Feb – 9th March and we will be doing an early evening tour to try and accommodate PG's, however we do tours/visits on demand throughout the year and happy for you to contact me to arrange a visit.

Marisa.Rodriguez@uts.edu.au