Drop-in sessions allow you to ask quick questions without having to make an appointment. Get information and advice about your studies and assessments. If a more in-depth consultation is required, then the HELPS advisor might book you in for a 40-minute individual assistance session.
You are strongly encouraged to come and see us at the initial stage of your assignment writing/preparation process.
A 15-minute drop-in session may involve:
- unpacking an assignment question and understanding the assessment criteria
- clarifying an assignment type (e.g. what’s a literature review?)
- planning an assignment
- offering strategies for effective reading/note-making/presentation
- obtaining information on self-study resources.
Please refrain from
- coming in with a complete assignment draft and expecting the HELPS advisor to comment on it in 15 min. It’s not humanly possible.
- seeking last-minute assistance on the day when the assignment is due. It pays to plan in advance.