- Gartner : is the industry-leading consulting firm providing independent research and analysis on a wide range of Information Technology topics, providing insightful and practical advice from around the world and covering a varied set of topics including Asset management, Web Services, Emerging trends and technologies and Regulatory Compliance.
- OVUM  : Ovum is a research and consulting company offering advice on information technology. This database provides access to the Ovum Enterprise IT Knowledge Center.
Statistical information is used as evidence to support your findings or viewpoint. It can be in the form of tables, figures, charts or spreadsheets taken from a reliable source.
- Australian Bureau of Statistics. This is a government organisation providing free access to a wide range of Australian statistical data on various themes from IT, environmental issues to financial statistics.
- OECD iLibrary . You will need to login from the library webpage. This statistical database gives access to a broad range of interactive and comparative data for OECD and some non OECD countries.
- Other statistical agencies 
- Australian Standards Online  provides the complete collection of current Australian standards.
- ASTM Standards Source Online  provides 12,000 plus standards covering metals, petroleum, construction, the environment and more.
- British Standards Online.  UTS Library has full text access to the BSI online: Construction-general standards module only.
- IEEE standards.  Institute of Electrical and Electronic Engineers. Standards available from IEEE Xplore database. ** IEEE Xplore provides a series of recommended training modules .
Newspapers and magazine databases
- Factiva 
- Newsbank 
- TROVE; Digitised Australian newspapers archives, and more 
Top Information Technology databases
The Yale University website  explains of the difference between academic and popular sources. The decision to use popular or academic sources will depend on your target audience and your topic. A specialised academic topic will require scholarly resources, sometimes called peer reviewed resources.
- Academic search complete 
- ACM Digital Library 
- Computers and applied sciences complete 
- IEEE Xplore  How to search IEEE Xplore training modules .
- INSPEC (Institution of Engineering and Technology) 
- Proquest Science & Technology 
- Scopus (Elsevier) 
- Web of Science 
- Safari Technical Books Online 
An online database of electronic books on IT. You can search for individual books in the Catalogue.
- Lecture notes in Computer Science 
Contains published conference papers on all aspects of computer science.
Find Databases tool
Use the Find Databases tool > Information Technology  for a full listing of databases on Information Technology.
Full descriptions for each database are available from the More Info icon.