This study guide has been designed to bring together all the links you need in order to install and use Endnote for law. Apart from the link to downloading the Endnote proram itself, there are links- and instructions - to help you download the AGLC (3rd ed) referencing style into Endnote and also the Reference Types table which provides many more legal reference type templates.
A guide to installing Law reference styles for use with EndNote.
To use this style with EndNote you will need to download and save 2 small files:
* Law Reference types e.g. Cases, Legislation, books, journals, treaties etc
* AGLC style: this allows you to correctly format references and use them with Word. It should already be downloaded on all UTS computers in public areas.
Recommended Versions of EndNote
The latest version, EndNote X7, is recommended. You can use an earlier version if you wish; however:
EndNote X7 requires either:
Windows XP (SP3) or later &
Word 2003 or later (also works with OpenOffice 3.X); or
Mac OS 10.6.8 or later &
Word 2008 or later (also works with Apple Pages ’09).
Instructions for Installing Law EndNote using EndNote X7
First, Download and Install EndNote . Then:
Step 1: Install the special Legal Reference Types
- Right click on the link Reference Types Table  (Macintosh users should use Firefox as web browser, and click on the link while holding down the Control key on your keyboard).
- In Firefox, select "Save Link As". in Internet Explorer, select "Save Target As".
- Save the file to your desktop or any other convenient folder with the name: RefTypeTable.xml
- Open EndNote and click on Edit (on a Mac click on EndNote X7 instead of Edit) then Preferences then Reference Types.
- Click on the Import button in the lower half of window and select the file you just saved.
- Click on Open - Apply - OK (on a Mac click on Open - Save).
- Close the Edit Preferences window.
Step 2 : Download the AGLC Reference Style
- Click on AGLC (UTS) style 
- Windows users using Firefox should choose "Open with EndNote" and click onOK. in Internet Explorer, choose "Open".
- If you are using a Macintosh, you should use Firefox as your web browser and click on the link, then Save the file. Then go to your Downloads folder and double click on the downloaded file.
- EndNote will start and you will see details of the style displayed. Click on File, Save As.
- In the Save As window that appears, make sure the name of the style is listed as AGLC (UTS) - you may need to remove the word "copy" and possibly some other text - and then click on Save.
- Close the style window.
Step 3 : Select AGLC (UTS) as your Output Style
- Open EndNote.
- Choose "Select Another Style..." in the drop down styles window.
- Scroll through the list of styles, select AGLC (UTS), and click on Choose.