Databases are large collections of electronic materials. You can use them to search for journal articles, ebooks, statistics, newspaper articles and other resources for your assignments.
Our Find Databases Tool  allows you to browse for databases by subject or search for the name of a database. If you're unsure where to get started, we have selected a couple of Databases which are useful for Human Movement.
- Academic Search Complete  - full text for over 1,200 journals covering the social sciences, humanities, general science, multi-cultural studies and education.
- SPORTDiscus  - international sport and leisure database
- AUSportMed  - medical and health issues in Australian sport
- Medline  - large international database useful for sports medicine
- Current Contents connect - A multidisciplinary database, updated weekly
- Proquest Central  - a multidisciplinary database including international business and management - many full text articles
- Science Direct  - international database containing many journals realting to human movement
- Tourism Australia  - data collection for tourism statistics in Australia
- Factiva  and NewsBank Australia comprehensive newspaper and business magazine database with fulltext articles. Australian and international coverage. Also includes business and financial press
- ABS Statistics - Access to the Australian Bureau of Statistics. Useful publications include:
- 4177.0 Participation in Sport and Physical Activities, Australia
- 4364.0 National Health Survey: Summary of Results
- 4174.0 Sports Attendance