Databases are large collections of electronic materials. You can use them to search for journal articles, ebooks, statistics, newspaper articles and other resources for your assignments.
Find Databases tool
Use the Find Databases tool > Nursing, Midwifery & Health > Midwifery  for a full listing of databases on Midwifery.
Full descriptions for each database are available from the More Info icon.
Top Midwifery Databases
Login using your UTS Webmail details.
- Maternity and Infant Care  Maternity and Infant Care is an essential resource for academics and healthcare professionals. It covers pregnancy, labor, birth, postnatal care, and neonatal care and the first year of an infant’s life.
- InterMid  InterMid is the searchable online version of the British Journal of Midwifery.
- CINAHL  CINAHL is a great database for nursing, but it also includes many articles relating to midwifery.
- Cochrane  Gold standard for Evidence based practice originally published by Wiley.
- Health Source: Nursing/Academic Edition  This database provides access to journal articles focusing on many medical disciplines.
- ProQuest Health & Medicine  Search across 15 databases indexing journals, books, reports, conference papers, dissertations and theses, government publications, videos, etc in all aspects of health, nursing and medicine including Evidence-Based Resources such as those from the Joanna Briggs Institute. Includes some fulltext.
- Science Direct  Web database for scientific research that contains full text of more than 1,000 Elsevier science journals.
- Wiley Interscience  Multidisciplinary full text database with a scientific emphasis. Includes Cochrane Database of Systematic Reviews and Joanna Briggs Systematic Reviews.