For definitions and explanations of your subject, look in dictionaries, encyclopaedias and other reference resources.
- CHEMnetBASE : A collection of chemistry reference databases from CRC Press, including Handbook of Chemistry and Physics.
- Chemwatch  (UTS use only).
Chemical safety information including Materials Safety Data Sheets
- AccessScience from McGraw-Hill : 7,000+ articles from McGraw-Hill Encyclopedia of Science Technology and the 115,000 definitions from the Dictionary of Scientific Technical terms.
- Encyclopedic Dictionary of Polymers 
- Encyclopedic dictionary of named processes in chemical technology 
- CRC handbook of chemistry and physics 
- Kirk Othmer Encyclopedia of Chemical Technology 
- Patty's industrial hygiene and toxicology 
- Ullmann's encyclopedia of industrial chemistry 
- CRC handbook of laboratory safety 
- Sax's dangerous properties of industrial materials 
The Catalogue  provides access to the library's books, journals and DVDs. After the search through the catalogue, you can refine the results to online books by selecting Type with Book, then Format with Web on the left handside.