UTS Library

Keyword Search

Browse Questions

if you were to put an article written bu a justice into your bibliography , how do you invert the names?

do you write justice Keifel, Susan

or just Keifel, Susan and go on from there?

1 answer


Hi Keerit,

D Litting's picture
D Litting, 1 year ago

Hi Keerit,

In most cases I don't think it's necessary to provide honorifics in reference lists. For example, 90% of academic journal authors would be a doctor, professor etc but these titles are not part of referencing generally.


However if you feel that it is required for your circumstance you would reference like this:

Keifel, Justice S.

This looks a bit odd to my eye but is technically correct in Harvard UTS 



Answer question