UTS Library

Keyword Search

Browse Questions

how can I reference an author name with ’Jr‘ ?

I want to ues a journal article as reference written by Guyette, Roger W, Jr, how can I write the name both in my in-text reference and reference list according Harvard UTS style? Thanks~ 

2 answers


Hi Shujun,

D Litting's picture
D Litting, 6 years ago

Hi Shujun,

This one had me diving for the style manual! I must admit neither myself nor Patrick had thought about this possibility before.

But after nosing around a little it seems this is the way to proceed:

In text: (Guyette Jr 2012)
Reference List: Guyette Jr, R.W. 2012 Interesting things about dogs, Pluto Press, Dortmund.

Hope this helps,


Answer question