With Autumn session under way, you’ll no doubt be starting to see your assignment due dates creep closer. We have pulled together resources and support available from across UTS that will help you prepare and complete your assignments with confidence.
As you start to think about your assignments
Talk to the friendly student guides at the Study Help desk (Student Learning Hub, level 4) for advice on where to get help with your assignments or study during week 4.
- Monday to Friday from 10am to 6pm.
Plus pick up some FREE goodies from the Student Learning Hub (UTS Central, level 4) to assist your study. Study supplies will be available from 12pm until stocks last on Tuesday 14 to Thursday 16 March, including:
- Study snacks.
- Assessment planners.
- Autumn session wall calendars.
- Library notebooks and tote bag (stock limited, get in quick!).
Book into a session or find out more about the support available in week 4.
Quick guides and study tips to help you save time
Save time on searching and let us do the hard work for you when it comes to referencing, academic writing and the best methods for finding and evaluating information for your assignments.
Get the most relevant information with these quick guides and playlists.
- Study Guides provide direct links to the most relevant resources and referencing information for your subject.
- Referencing guides will help you master accurate referencing and avoid losing marks in your assignments.
- HELPS' online resources and workshop recordings to help you develop your academic language and learning.
- UTS Library’s online tutorials give you practical tips and advice for getting started with assignments.
- The UTS Student Hacks Podcast covers all the best study tips, resources, and hacks about surviving the assignment period from current UTS students.
Focus on building skills for assignment success
Attend a workshop or training session to brush up on the skills that will make starting your assignments an easier task to tackle.
- APA 7th Referencing sessions to practice your referencing with a librarian (running in weeks 2 to 4).
- Learn the best search strategies and tips when Researching for your first assignment (running weeks 1 to 4).
- HELPS workshops for academic writing tips and problem solving (running through Spring session).
- Join a Study Group in Autumn session to connect with a dedicated guide and other students in your faculty (running weeks 1 to 8).
One-on-one assignment support
Get all your assignment questions answered with tailored advice from the experts on campus.
- Book a one-to-one consultation with a librarian or HELPS for instant advice while you study or complete your assignments (running from week 1).
- Schedule a longer consultation with HELPS for an in-depth discussion in relation to your specific needs on an assessment.
- Chat to the Library online for advice finding academic resources and referencing, 8am to 10pm weekdays, 10am to 6pm weekends throughout Autumn session.
Find the perfect space to suit your study needs.
Whether you’re looking for a quiet spot or need a room for group work, find the perfect space while you’re on campus.
- Book a room for group or individual study across campus and work on your assignments without distractions.
- Find a seat for quiet or silent study in UTS Library (levels 7 – 9) or the Reading Room (level 5) of UTS Central (CB02).
- Book an Online Learning Room if you’re joining an online class while on campus.
- Pull up a chair in UTS Central (levels 4 – 9) across a variety of unique spaces designed for your study needs in mind.
Further advice and resources
- Take a look at the supporting study portal for student services, support, resources and events available while you’re studying from home.
- Plan out all your assignment due dates on a printable assessment planner.
- Read the 10 steps for assessment success from HELPS' learning advisors.
- Help to understand and maintain academic integrity in your assignments.