The Library provides advice on copyright, open education resources and reading lists to support the delivery of courses. The Library also provides co-curricular services aligned to the UTS Library Information Literacy Skills Framework. The framework articulates skills the Library supports in the development of information, digital and data literacies.
Teaching staff can book a consultation with a librarian who can assist with embedding and integrating content into courses as well as delivering training programs aligned to the intended outcomes of the course. Library staff can assist in developing content and/or provide advice on:
- Embedding library training materials in Canvas
- Library training for students
- Open Educational Resources
Embeddable digital content
The Library has developed a wide variety of online learning modules and content that can readily be embedded into online courses via Canvas. This content includes:
- Reading Lists: a platform for the delivery of digital, interactive reading lists for students. Readings lists are available in both Canvas and UTSOnline.
- Study Guides: assist students with finding further resources within a discipline as well as providing relevant information on finding, evaluating and referencing information.
- Video tutorials: a library of videos have been developed on finding, evaluating, and referencing information.
- Online modules: Can be embedded into Canvas, providing relevant information on finding, evaluating, and referencing information. All modules are available directly through Canvas Commons.
The Library partners with academic staff to embed skills across a degree using the UTS Library Information Literacy Skills Framework. The Library can develop custom workshops to support literacy development including:
- finding and evaluating scholarly information
- referencing and the ethical use of information
Library staff have extensive experience training students to develop critical information and digital literacy skills. Training is delivered in a variety of ways including online and face-to-face workshops.
The Library provides a number of resources to assist in the delivery of the skills articulated in the Information Literacy Framework. These include: