The Library can support you with your teaching including developing learning materials, Reading List set up in Canvas, copyright advice, open education resources and supporting your students with information and data literacy.
UTS Library can help you with:
- Creating and managing your subject Reading Lists for required and recommended readings in your subject.
- Tips on getting started with Reading Lists, navigation, reviewing and running reports, and common Reading List FAQs.
- Purchase, digitisation and reserve requests for Reading List content to be made available for your students.
- Embedding discipline-specific Study Guides to provide your students with direct links to the most relevant resources and referencing information.
- Selecting and using copyright content in your teaching materials.
- Finding and using open educational resources.
Embedding information literacy in your subject
The Library can support you with the development of information and digital literacy skills for your students such as:
- finding, evaluating and organising scholarly information
- referencing and the ethical use of information.
Book a consultation with a Librarian to arrange:
- custom in-curricular workshops run by a librarian
- bespoke assignment and subject-specific Study Guides.
Connect your students to tailored support
Refer your students to services that will support their studies and take the pressure off you.
- The Library provides Services for Students such as help with research and assignments as well as access to digital and physical resources and study spaces.
- The Supporting study portal is the go-to for support options, study resources and fun stuff for students.
- The Student Learning Hub provides workshops, skills training, and general help and advice with being a student at UTS.
- UTS Study Groups connect students to peers starting uni at the same time together with an experienced Guide. They’ll receive tailored advice when an issue arises and stay in the loop for social events, skills training and study support activities.
Plan your academic year with the Library's downloadable pdf A1 calendars. Print at home or via Printing Services on campus.
Calendars with key session dates are available for each teaching session:
- 2023 Main Calendar(PDF)
- 2023 Calendar B(PDF)
- 2023 Calendar C(PDF)
- 2023 Calendar D(PDF)
- 2024 Main Calendar
- 2024 Calendar B
- 2024 Calendar C
- 2024 Calendar D