Last updated 09/05/2023
To help you prepare for and go well with your exams and end-of-session assignments, the Library and Student Learning Hub have additional study spaces, snacks and exam support for you through Stuvac and the assessment period.
Find your place to study
From Monday, 15 May spaces across UTS Central will be dedicated to quiet study during StuVac and the exam period.
This means there are more spaces available for quiet and group study including:
- UTS Library, levels 7-9 for computer access and quiet areas
- UTS Central level 7 informal study area for quiet study
- UTS Reading Room, level 5 for silent study
- UTS Central levels 4-6 for collaborative and group work
- Additional collaborative classrooms opened across levels 4-7 from Wednesday, 24 May to Sunday, 18 June
- CB02.04.190 (classroom unavailable Tuesday, 30 May)
Spaces to take invigilated exams and exam-related questions
The spaces listed above are not suitable for sitting online exams.
Limited spaces are available to complete centrally conducted exams on-campus for students in exceptional circumstances. Speak to your subject coordinator for more information and to make arrangements if this applies to you.
If you have any issues on the day of your exam, see an Exam marshal at the Student Learning Hub (UTS Central, level 4).
Exam marshals will be present weekdays from 10am to 4pm staring from Monday, 29 May to Wednesday, 9 June.
Refuel with free snacks
Collect your FREE snacks and exam survival supplies to help you stay energised and fully stocked as you study. Think tea, biscuits, healthy snacks and you can even grab yourself a set of earplugs to help get you fully in the study zone.
Pick up your exam survival supplies from our friendly Student Guides weekdays between:
- 8am to 10pm, at UTS Library, level 7
- 12pm to 4pm, at the Student Learning Hub (UTS Central, level 4).
Take a break from study to recharge
Take some time to zone out and relax between study and exams.
- Recharge your device at the Student Learning Hub while you complete a puzzle, game or some mindful colouring-in or plaster painting.
- Recline with a book at the UTS Street Library on level 7 of UTS Central overlooking Broadway.
- Listen to a themed UTS Library Spotify playlist - each playlist has been created using suggestions from students. Search for 'UTS Library' on Spotify.
Help when you need it
For answers and support during the exam period.
- Consult the exams page for info, advice, resources and FAQ's.
- Call the exam hotline on 9514 3222 for technical support with your online exam.
- Book a counselling appointment to talk through exam stress and anxiety and take a look at their tips for coping with exams.
- Visit the supporting study portal for resources and support.
- Tune in to the Student Hacks podcast for tips on managing your mindset during exam season.