Last updated 10/06/2022
To help you prepare for and go well with your exams and end-of-session assignments, the Library and Student Learning Hub have additional study space, free food and exam support for you through Stuvac and the assessment period.
Find a space to study
Additional spaces across UTS Central will be opened for Study Hall mode during StuVac and the exam period (Tuesday 24, May to Sunday 19, June).
Spaces for quiet and group study are available including:
- UTS Library, levels 7-9 for computer access and quiet areas
- UTS Reading Room, levels 5-6 for silent study
- Bookable study rooms, levels 5-7
- Additional collaborative classrooms opened across levels 4-7
- CB02.04.190 (available from Saturday 4, to Sunday 19 June)
Spaces to take invigilated exams
The spaces listed above are not suitable for sitting online exams.
Limited spaces are available to complete centrally conducted exams on-campus for students in exceptional circumstances. Speak to your subject coordinator for more information and to make arrangements if this applies to you.
Prepare with a workshop
Workshops are running online and in-person at the Student Learning Hub (UTS Central, Level 4) before the exam period.
- Business exam preparation session Thursday 12.
- Balancing your time workshop Thursday 12 and Wednesday 18.
- How to prepare for your exams Thursday 12.
- Setting goals micro-training Tuesday 17.
- HELPS Writing Center Thursday 19 to Friday 20.
Fuel up with free food
Free study snacks will be available to help you stay energised while you study on campus.
- Collect your free snack pack from the Student Learning Hub (UTS Central, level 4) from 10am. (Monday 23 May until stocks last).
Take a break from study to recharge
Take some time to zone out and relax between study and exams.
- Recharge your device at the Library Rest stop while you complete a puzzle, game or some mindful colouring-in.
- Come pat a puppy for some adorable stress relief when the Delta Therapy Dogs visit campus. Tuesday 17 to Thursday 19, May between 12 to 1:30pm.
- Relax and get creative with some Mindfulness Plaster Painting . Tuesday 17 to Thursday 19, May between 11am to 3pm.
- Recline with a book at the UTS Street Library on level 7 of UTS Central overlooking Broadway.
Help when you need it
For answers and support during the exam period.
- Drop by the Study Help desk (UTS Central, level 7) for instant advice and help with assignments, referencing software, academic writing and study tips. Open until Friday 20 May.
- Consult the exams page for info, advice, resources and FAQ's.
- Call the exam hotline on 9514 3222 for technical support with your online exam.
- Book a counselling appointment to talk through exam stress and anxiety and take a look at their tips for coping with exams.
- Visit the Supporting Online Study portal for resources and support in getting the most out of online learning.
- Check out what your peers say are their exam time essentials.